Our goal is always to provide you with the best legal representation possible so that your stress is reduced.
Auto accidents can come with serious repercussions that are difficult for any person to manage, no matter who is at fault. Furthermore, if an injury is involved, you likely want to receive the compensation owed to you. Whether you have to miss work due to a hospital visit or an auto accident has caused the death of a loved one in Salisbury, North Carolina, you’ll want to reach out to us at Koontz & Smith, Attorneys at Law for the legal representation you deserve.
Beginning with a free consultation, we’ll go over the details of your auto accident and any important information that will be useful in the handling of your case. We’ll discuss best and worst-case scenarios and provide legal counsel that helps you better understand your rights. Our personal service is what sets us apart, and our attorneys can even come visit you or your loved one in the hospital if you are unable to make it to a consultation at our office.
Essential Steps to Take After a Car Accident
An unexpected car accident can leave you feeling frazzled and unsure of what you need to do next. At Koontz & Smith, Attorneys at Law, we help many clients involved in car accidents, and we want you to know what steps to take if you ever get involved in a collision:
- Get to a safe area—If possible, move your vehicle out of the way of oncoming traffic. If you are unable to do so, turn on your hazards and set up cones around the area to alert other drivers to the situation.
- Check on others—If you are not injured, check on the other drivers involved to see if anyone is hurt. Contact emergency services if medical care is needed.
- Contact law enforcement—Even if the accident was minor, you should contact the police, so they can file an official report about the accident.
- Gather information—Get the contact information of all drivers involved and any witnesses.
- Document the scene—Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including your vehicle and any injuries you incurred.
- Contact your insurer—Notify your insurance provider right away about the accident and give them as much information as possible about it.
After taking the above-listed steps, it is also in your best interest to contact our firm as soon as possible for help. We have handled many auto accident cases in the past and are eager to assist you with excellence.
We know that auto accidents can cause strain and stress, as you must adjust your everyday routine to heal and find a resolution. Our goal is always to provide you with the best legal representation possible so that your stress is reduced and you achieve the best possible outcome as quickly as possible.
If you or a loved one has been in an auto accident and you are seeking legal advice, reach out to us at Koontz & Smith, Attorneys at Law today. We have bi-lingual staff and can work with you to get the compensation you deserve.
At Koontz & Smith, Attorneys at Law, we provide legal assistance for those who have been in auto accidents in Salisbury, Davidson, Kannapolis, Concord, Statesville, Mooresville, Lexington, Granite Quarry, Mocksville, Spencer, and China Grove, North Carolina.